sinmotion

Emotional Reader

Lost in a book somewhere. Experiencing emotions.

On the Road
Jack Kerouac
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Dave Eggers
Jane Eyre
Michael Mason, Charlotte Brontë
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
George R.R. Martin, Roy Dotrice
Emma Trevayne
Blackout
Robison Wells

Lips Touch: Three Times

Lips Touch: Three Times - Hmmm. I wish I could give it 3 and 1/3 stars, even 3 and 3/4, but 3 will have to suffice, because although I liked it a lot, and the writing is gorgeous, there were some missing elements for me. This is a fun read, and very different than most stories that fit within the YA fantasy genre. First thing first, Taylor has created 3 unique fairy tales? Folklore? I dunno, call them stories. While reading I felt transported back to childhood a little bit because of how the stories read. Almost if i were being read an Esop's fable or a tale about Hansel & Gretel. However, because they are all rather short, there were many questions left unanswered, and it was hard as a reader to understand the characters... some of them came across very one-demential. Thus, not fleshed out too well. By far my favorite story was the 2nd addition. I really liked the 3rd too, until Mihai was made out to be some sort of hero. In my opinion the fact that he's hijacked a human's soul (13 times!) while they were in their mum's womb in order to get his goal of a piece of humanity back in his life, left me reeling. I don't like how he doesn't give these people a choice to be used to do his bidding. It's not fair that they will be subjected to living a pseudo-immortal life either. I don't care that its 400 years, that's over 300+ years without their loved ones. On that note I don't understand the whole soulmate thing works either...Taylor didn't really explain it well enough for me to understand. I also felt that Mab was also forgotten about. Everyone else seemed to get some form of resolve except her. Total BS in my opinion. Whatever. Lainey's writing is so pretty to read though. Her writing deserves a 5 x bajillion. I really enjoyed this book much. Even with my hang-ups is a very good read.