sinmotion

Emotional Reader

Lost in a book somewhere. Experiencing emotions.

On the Road
Jack Kerouac
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Dave Eggers
Jane Eyre
Michael Mason, Charlotte Brontë
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
George R.R. Martin, Roy Dotrice
Coda
Emma Trevayne
Blackout
Robison Wells
The Awakening - Kate Chopin This gets three stars because I like the nature of how this story was crafted. The subject matter was also intriguing, as I like the psycho-social aspects of individuals and how they relate and interact with those around them.working review below, more proper one to come.I despise the main character, Edna, with the passion of a great many suns. A lot of that has to do with my own personal subjective stance on the reality of her situation and how it compares to mine and others I know. I totally understand why this was hard to accept back in the time period of which it was written. I found her to be incredibly selfish, self-centered, dishonest, spoiled, entitled, hypocritical, and delusional. Objectively speaking, I'd attribute her behavior and emotional imbalance to mental illness. In that respect, I have more understanding and sympathy for her as a person. I do not agree that it added much to the feminist movement...at least not in the sense that it implicitly helped their objectives other than to provide examples to the inner battles many women--those married and who are mothers--struggle with in balancing their roles and securing an identity within their society that they are satisfied with.