sinmotion

Emotional Reader

Lost in a book somewhere. Experiencing emotions.

On the Road
Jack Kerouac
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Dave Eggers
Jane Eyre
Michael Mason, Charlotte Brontë
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
George R.R. Martin, Roy Dotrice
Coda
Emma Trevayne
Blackout
Robison Wells
Looking for Alibrandi - Melina Marchetta What else is there to say? Marchetta owns me. I'll continue to read anything she writes. Okay, so really all I can say is this book made me laugh, cry, rage, forgive, and accept. I don't know what it is about Marchetta, but she really gets the dynamics of human relationships and the layers of the individual. This is another one of her works that doesn't disappoint. Not only did Melina touch on the person to person relationship she's done in her other works, but this time she also brought the area of culture and what it means to grow up and survive in a land that is not your own, one that is reluctant to accept you into its fold. Although this is Josephine Alibrandi's show, Nonna Katia's story really touched me.... As her debute novel, Marchetta did a wonderful job with the characters, story, and plot. Every character served a purpose and I felt a range of emotion for all of them. Some of them I started out hating and resenting only to end up loving and empathizing with in the end. *I'm glaring at you Mr. Andretti* There is something in this book for everyone, and it is an inspiration to those looking for answers for some of life's conundrums. That's really all I can say folks. Give it a go! It's always so difficult to write compelling reviews about Marchetta's works that will convey the experience of reading her books adequately.